Monday, June 13

Woah

I'm guessing I didn't get the job at the video store because they haven't called me. When the manager interviewed me last Thursday, he said he would notify the lucky candidate on Monday (today). He didn't specify whether or not he was going to call the "losers". I'm guessing he won't be doing that. Anyway, no biggy because...

...I got another call today. Sort of surprised me. The phone rarely rings, so we're always startled when it does. I thought it was going to be the video store guy, but it turned out to be the director of the Media Archive For Central England (the archiving job in Nottingham that I applied for). He asked if I could come in for an interview next Tuesday at 11am. I said, "Shit, yeah!" OK, I didn't say, "Shit, yeah!". I said, "Why yes, that would be just fine. Thanks for your call!" So... two archive employment interviews within a week of each other.

---

The other day it struck me that by staying in Norwich, we're actually doing exactly what we said we would do if no job offer came out of the internship at DFI. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it on the blog, but the plan was that I would hope and pray for a job at whichever archive I interned at and if nothing came of it, I would come back here to write my dissertation and then start sending my resume around to other archives I'd like to work for. After all the turmoil and back&forth during the month of May, we end up doing what was already a consideration.

If nothing happens with these two upcoming interviews, I'll just keep looking for other archive jobs to pop up. It's been pretty active over the last few months so I'm sure something else will appear. Just need to land one of those pesky part-time jobs in the meantime!

-RP-

No comments: