Sunday, August 3

Just a quick, note...

K's in her mom's sewing room making nightgowns for herself. She wasn't satisfied with what was available in the stores, so she decided to buy a pattern and some material to make a few herself. I can hear her in there, frustrated. This is her first one.

I'm getting ready for another week at Nike. They generally have us do a four day week of 10-hour (atleast) days. However, this week they're having some of us come in for 5 days. I'm one of them. Hey, suits me. More overtime! Last week flew by and I'm sure this week will as well. Before we know it, we'll be boarding the plane to Belgium!

We'll be there just in time for the "Belgian Beer Weekend" on the 5th-7th at which I'll hopefully be able to hob-nob with the brewers to get some job leads. When I was at the Oregon Brewer's Fest last weekend, a writer for the brewing magazine I read said there are a lot of small farmhouse breweries that are on the verge of shutting down because they don't have a someone to continue the brewing. Apparently, the younger generation is not as interested in the actual brewing... RP to the rescue! At the very least, it gives me some hope.

Funny thing is, there's a Nike distribution center just outside Antwerp. So, it looks like I have my "plan B", something to tide me over while I keep knocking on the breweries' doors. Part of the Belgian red-tape is that I have three months to find a job and give proof of it to the "commune" we're living in so they can grant me permanent residency. Otherwise, they kick me out on the curb. Not worried about that though. I'm GOING TO find a job in a brewery anyway!

Well, that's it for now. Bed-time. Have to get up at 5am, before the sun gets up even. That ain't right!

--RP--

No comments: