Monday, August 4

I like to bake stuff. That's my favorite cooking activity - baking dessert. I made a triple chocolate zucchini cake this afternoon. Wait, let me rephrase that. I tried to make a triple chocolate zucchini cake this afternoon. Jake's garden in the backyard is producing enough zucchini to feed a small city, so we thought a cake would be a good and different way (as opposed to the more common zucchini bread) to use some of them up. The recipe sounded delish. Three kinds of chocolate, cream cheese, six eggs...a very low-fat, low-cal cake. I grated, melted, measured and mixed it exactly according to the directions, then poured it into a bundt pan and baked it for the 60 required minutes. When the timer went off, I put the beautiful chocolatey-brown delicious-smelling cake on a wire rack to cool for a few minutes and then turned it upside down like I normally do. After six seconds of being upside down, the center of the cake plopped out onto the rack in a steaming glob of gooey chocolate cake, and the sides stayed in the pan like they were supposed to. I frantically tried to flip the pan back over before the entire thing ended up on the counter, but it was really hot, and I missed the rack. So, some ended up on my feet and the rest smeared onto the counter. I managed to get most of it on a plate (except for what was on my feet), so there will be some form of dessert tonight. I think I'll just call it triple chocolate zucchini pudding cake - maybe no one will notice!
~K

No comments: