Wednesday, September 15

Unemployment Blah
I have been hitting the bricks looking for work and am just about worn out. Granted, it's only been four and a half days of serious searching, but I'm getting depressed. I am either over qualified for everything or not qualified at all. Norwich is a small city with only about 100,000 people in the area and consequently the desirable jobs are few and far between. I have sent or emailed my CV to 8 Film/TV/Theater-related places and only heard back from 2. One had no openings and the other (a non-profit theater) has one vacancy, but the pay is so incredibly low that we couldn't survive on it. Unfortunately I have to be focused on the money instead of enjoyment - hello real world! - and that probably means working in a shop or restaurant. Pubs are not on my list because people smoke while they drink and I cannot handle a full day's work coughing my way through clouds of cigarette smoke. Tomorrow I have an appointment at a recruitment agency and my hopes are not high. After that meeting I will be going to a clothing store that is currently hiring and turning in my application. At least the clothes are great...
~K

No comments: