Friday, September 17

Shoe Leather.

I have now been searching for employment for seven entire days. Searching by trudging up and down and around every street, alleyway and hidden path within walking distance of our house, scanning business windows for help wanted signs. Norwich city centre is now blanketed with my CVs and application forms. I have had two nibbles from my job hunt and one meeting with a recruitment agency (who determined that I am over-qualified for most of their jobs but not really qualified in anything specific so I should take one of their temp. data-entry vacancies). It is nice to know that when I decide I absolutely cannot wait any longer to start working that there are plenty of temp jobs around. The two nibbles are from places that I wouldn't mind working: a restaurant/bar and a theatre. Both of which are within my realm of experience, but neither pay well. Can't be too choosy though! I have an interview tomorrow morning at the Belgian Monk Restaurant (how ironic is that!?) for a full-time front-of-house position which is what we would call duty manager, I think. Rich is going to have to be my beer tutor if I get this job because they are specifically looking for someone who is familiar with Belgian food and beer. The second nibble is from the Norwich Theatre Royal. Their vacancy is in the box office and is only 30 hours per week, so if I get this job I will also need to get a second job. But working in the theatre would be fun and familiar.

With all this job searching/walking over cobblestone streets - I need new shoes!

~K

No comments: