Thursday, September 16

UEA Induction Days

I completed my school registration on today (getting my campus card, providing UK address, receiving lots of informational packets, etc.). Though I thought it would have been just a quick "pop-in", it turned out to be an all day affair because the "International Student Induction Programme" started already today and lasted until about 4pm. We all packed into one of the lecture halls and listened to several people speaking about different aspects of university life (Norwich, the library, security & safety, Dean of Students Office, medical registration, and things like that). I was surprised about how many "American accents" I heard that day. I kept thinking, "Did I get transplanted to the US all of a sudden?" Also met another guy who is in the Film Studies program (but not Archiving). He and his wife are from Utah. They just got here yesterday, so they have some trials ahead of them.

It will be interesting to see what the campus is like on Monday when ALL of the students have arrived. The induction programme for the MA Film Studies program starts at 3:30. Not sure when classes will actually get going though. Sometime next week I imagine. I'm starting to get pretty psyched about it.

-RP-

No comments: