Thursday, October 28

Bung-Plug in the Bung-Hole

On Tuesday and Wednesday I volunteered at the 27th Annual Norwich Beer Festival, put on by the Norwich chapter of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale). It's a fairly large festival showcasing about 200 cask-conditioned Real Ales from UK breweries. There is also a tent with over 100 bottled beers (most of them Belgian). It is a week-long festival which started on Monday and runs through Saturday.

On Tuesday I was a "Steward" (standing by a doorway and telling people they couldn't go in there) from 5pm to 11:00pm. Then I helped roll out the empty casks, roll in the new ones and hoist them up to the serving platform. Got home at around 12:45, but also tried quite a few beers over the course of the evening.

I went back for more punishment on Wednesday. Same hours, but this time I pushed to get behind the bar instead of "Stewarding". A lot more fun and the time went by really quickly. I'm not sure how many beers I poured, but there was a continuous flow of glasses coming at me.

I'll go back on Sunday at 8am to help them break down all the equipment and move it out of the festival hall. Just doing my part for CAMRA!

Official Phestival Photos

-RP-

No comments: