Wednesday, July 9

Rich's frigid dip was really the highlight of a great weekend. After that, there wasn't much else to do except eat more birthday cake, tell tall tales, and go to bed! Monday morning I went for a long walk on the beach and said goodbye to all the sea anemones. When I returned to the condo, everyone was sitting around reading the newspaper, drinking coffee and nibbling on baked goods. I jumped in the shower and then emerged from the bathroom fifteem minutes later to see everyone racing around: packing, cleaning, taking out the garbage, putting stuff in the car and emptying the refrigerator. Wow, I guess vacation is over! We had the best time! Rich, Jenna and I said farewell to Dad and Bev, and hit the road. We made one quick stop in Depoe Bay to buy more caramel corn and some seafoam, before continuing up the coast. We were hungry (of course), so we made one more stop at the Dairy Queen in Lincoln City for lunch. A nice, junk-food way to end our lazy, gluttonous stay on the Oregon coast. After arriving back at Mom and Jake's, Jenna went home to do laundry and we unpacked and checked email. The world didn't end, even though I went four days without checking my email! Jenna came back later that evening for her birthday dinner, which consisted of chicken, potato salad, pasta, veggies, watermelon, and an ice cream cake. The next morning...back to reality and back to work at 10am.

My job at the antique shop is exactly what my brain needs right now. Lots of mindless physical activity and absolutely no responsibility or difficult decisions. Its very zen. And, I can walk to work. What more could I ask for?
~K

No comments: