Wednesday, July 30

Got a phone call last week from the embassy requesting the driver's license and original bank statement from my financial guarantor. When the lady on the phone said she was calling from the Belgian consulate, my heart dropped to my toes. I thought there was something really wrong! But she was very nice, contrary to all the stories I've heard from my fellow students. All of my other application paper work was fine, just missing those two things (which aren't even listed in the instructions). So, I FedExed the required info on Monday and hope that is the last of the red tape.

One thing that did go smoothly was finding cheap airfare. I called a travel agent in Wilsonville who deals with wholesalers and he found an amazingly low priced one-way ticket from Portland to Brussels. So, I guess we're officially leaving! D-Day (departure day) is September 2. Yippee!!!

~K

No comments: