Tuesday, February 1

Visitor

We just got back from dropping my dad off at Stansted Airport (a couple of hours south of us). He was flying through London from Ft. Lauderdale, on his way to Denmark. Had a two-day layover because he was meeting with a broadband company in London. After the meeting (yesterday) he took the train up here to Norwich. He came bearing gifts: creamy Jiff peanut-butter, marshmallow Fluff, dark chocolate chips, beef jerky, American gossip magazines, Emergen-C vitamins, and cold-cuts. Most of these things we requested and my mom went out to gather. The meat products were my dad's addition. He was concerned that we weren't eating enough because we keep asking for peanut-butter. But I showed him how full our cupboards and fridge is, so I think he's convinced that we aren't living on peanut butter. We just like it and aren't satisfied with the tiny expensive jars that we can get here.

Anyway, he took us out to dinner last night. We pigged out at Loch Fyne Seafood restaurant. Delicious! Oysters, mussels, smoked Salmon sashimi, scallops, etc. Tasted great then, but I may have gotten some kind of "bug" from it because I haven't felt too hot today (I'll just leave it ambiguously at that).

Today we gave him a walking tour around Norwich, in particular, showing the Viking history. Then I showed him around UEA's campus before we headed down to Stansted. It was a short visit, but we had fun.

-RP-

No comments: