Sunday, August 8

VW Day
(Viking Wedding Day)

Before the Ceremony...
Kristen, Stephanie, Henrry and I headed over to the festival hall around 9:00. By the way, the hall is right next to Farmor's house. It is called "Kulturhuset" (The Culture House) and is comprised of a long room, a smaller reception room and a pretty big professional kitchen.

Bad news, the fridge did not get cold. So, we started putting the beer and soft drinks in the freezer. When they were cold, we moved them back over to the "refrigerator". We did the same thing with anything else that needed to be cold. I also drove to a nearby McDonald's to purchase two huge pales of ice (which they gave me for free and just asked that I put 20 DKK in the charity box... I put in 30).

Everyone was busy preparing food. Lots of side dishes and several main courses. Everything you could possibly want was included in the feast. The pig was coming along nicely on the spit, but had gotten a little burned on the bottom from the grease dripping down and flaming up too much.

Around 11:00, everyone but the guy cooking the pig (Christian) had to head back home to get ready for the ceremony. We all had to put on our Viking garb and go over our lines. Yeah, we actually had lines. Fortunately, Kristen and I only had to say a couple of things. I was a bit concerned about how much I would be sweating since it was around 32 deg Celsius today and our Viking costumes weren't exactly summer wear. I took a cold shower before putting it on.

No comments: