Monday, August 23

Legalities
We went to the British Embassy this morning at 10:30 with a folder full of applications and documentation. At 3:30 I had my visa! When we arrived at the visa section there were a lot of people already waiting to file their applications and there was only one (!) person working at the counter so we knew it was going to be a long wait. By the time our number was called, it was 12:15. After going through all my paperwork and asking just two questions, my visa application was accepted and we were told to return to the embassy between 3:30 and 4:30 to pick up my passport. It was much simpler than I anticipated and I totally over-prepared by bringing bank statements, my tax return, our travel arrangements and everything else I could think of. Better to be prepared I guess. It is so nice to have this bit of red tape taken care of!

Tomorrow we are both going to the dentist.

~K
(New Denmark trip entries below.)

No comments: