Thursday, August 5

Last Day... Done!

I hate goodbyes. But they're inevitable. Finished my last day at Bo-ny. Sort of sad really (sort of!). I tried to take as many calls as possible during the day, but instead of doing written support in between, I cleaned out my desk, turned in my notebook computer, created an "Out Of Office" auto-reply and so on.

Just before I went to lunch, a few of my "comrades-at-arms" presented me with a going away present: a bottle of Duvel, a bottle of Saison Dupont, and an Orval gift-pack (complete with a large glass). I was truly and deeply touched, especially since they went way out of their way to get the sometimes hard to find beers. I don't think I thanked them enough for it. It was a great gesture and it almost made me want to change my mind and stay there! Almost!

It feels kind of strange to finally be past that "last day" that I've been anticipating for so long. I partially dreaded it because of the fact that I had to say goodbye to so many people. People that I know I will miss. But now I feel kind of cut loose and floating. Not quite sure what to do with myself. Good thing we have a lot of stuff to do. We'll be busy with all matter of things for at least a month. First, a little family holiday in Scandinavia, then back here to tie up loose ends, then move to England, then start school. Who knows what that will be like? It's been 5 years since I've been "in academics"!

-RP-

No comments: