Tuesday, March 16

Three pieces of good news today

1) My "activity" score at the call center came to an all-time high last week: 94%! I'm pretty happy with that number. Sure, the "big earners" on the team have over 100, but for a guy he deals primarily with the "whingeing" UK market, 94% is pretty damn good!

2) They hired another guy for the Swedish support line. He started yesterday. Today he was listening in to my calls and learning the habits of one of the more conscientous workers in the call center. Those are good traits to pick up!

Oh yeah, and...

3) I got accepted to the University of East Anglia! I had a very long commute yesterday morning (starting at the eye-splittingly early hour of 4:30 am) to Norwich. Had a quick meeting with the course convenor and the head of the film archive. I thought the interview went pretty well and I had a good feeling that I would get a positive response in a couple of weeks. But, today, the course convenor e-mailed me to let me know their decision. I quote, "Slightly earlier than expected, I'm able to give you the good news that we will be OFFERING you a place on the archival MA for Sept 04 entry - documents will follow by mail from Kerry in the GS office."

How d'ya like dem apples?

-RP-

No comments: