Wednesday, December 10

You may have noticed that the title of our blog has changed slightly. Go ahead, take a look. Did you catch it? It is now called Project: Expatriated because we are now "official". Kristen received her Belgian identity card on Monday. Officer Le Clerq visited during the day and delivered it to her. He sat at our dining room table and filled out another couple of forms. Then, yesterday, there was a notice in our mail-slot that someone had tried to deliver mine, but since I was not here, I would have to come pick it up. The office hours and location were so insanely convenient for me that I could pick up my ID the very next day on my way to work. He went through the same drill with me, although he also filled out a form with a description of our "domicile": 1 bedroom, living room, kitchen, bathroom, entry hall. What they need that for I can't even guess. It's just one of those things that makes Belgium so darn cute!

Kristen's expires in October of 2004 and mine in April. However, I just need to show up at the commune office exactly 7 days before it expires and they will extend it. Officer Le Clerq advised that since I am an EU citizen, I can extend it by 5 years. That's right! Who's the cool guy now!?

-RP-

No comments: