Monday, December 1

The Swedes "Went Live" Today

So, today was my first day of "taking calls". I put that in "quotes" because I only took two calls. And they weren't even Swedish. They were English calls from Greece! I also did one outgoing call to try to close an ongoing case from a customer in England. Other than that, I pretty much just sat there and waited for the phone to ring. There were a few little projects I was working on, but all in all it was a slow day.

The first call came in at around 9am. It was complicated enough to make it interesting, but not so much that I couldn't handle it. A guy in Greece who was not happy with the battery life of his notebook computer. Any customer we help has to be registered and most aren't when they call in. So, we have to register them first which entails putting their product's serial number into the call-logging software along with their contact information. His serial number was not found in the database, so I had some special steps to take to change that. A minor wrinkle that made it a little more complicated than a normal registration. Anyway, I took care of it and helped him with his problem.

After taking that first call, I was ready to take more. The next one didn't come in until around 2pm. A lot of waiting. You'd think it was silly for them to add four new employees to the team! The problem is a lot of the calls that come in English are for things other than what I've been trained for. I've only gone through the training for Vaio computer support, but there is separate training to support the DVD-burners, Clies, and Aibos. Most English computer support is dealt out from Ireland and we only get the overflow. So, that doesn't leave much. I'm sure it will pick up. And anyway, I guess I should just enjoy this time when I'm not flooded with call after call. A little breathing room makes it easier to get used to it, I guess.

-RP-

No comments: