Monday, August 11

We've broken the 100 day barrier

Today we have hit a landmark. There are only 99 days left before we move back to the US. Just a little more than 3 months. Things are really moving quickly now. We have cleared two of our major hurdles as of last week.

Kristen passed her PhD viva. And last Monday, I notified my line manager that I would be leaving in November. Something I had been worrying over for a long time (sometimes it filled me with dread), but it went REALLY well! Though he was disappointed, he was really happy for me and offered to give me a reference letter and to put me in contact with some people he knows at a production company in Portland, OR. He adores Portland, too. Afterwards, I felt really silly for worrying about it in the first place (deep down, I knew that would be the case) and I felt a HUGE weight off my shoulders. I've been telling my colleagues little by little.

Both of us have found some interesting job prospects in Portland. We applied for them yesterday. The one for me was actually at the company my line manager recommended. There was actually an opening there!

We are getting close to figuring out which company we want to use for shipping our stuff to the US. We've got a re-patriation budget put together (Kristen did that).

I'm really looking forward to it. It's going to be a whole new adventure. Both the end of an amazing era and the beginning of an exciting new one.

1 comment:

Andy said...

Full circle! Good luck with the job prospects, let me know if I can offer to scout or anything.