Monday, October 2

Doomed

I have booked my driving test with the Driving Standards Agency. It's on Friday afternoon next week, 2:05pm. Now I just need to book a "refresher" session with a driving instructor to make sure I can pass the test. I wasn't too worried about it until I heard that one of the assessors at the Bournemouth DSA branch is unreasonably nit-picky, failing people for very small errors. I was told, "If a lady with short, curly hair comes out, run for your life!" So that's one thing. The other point of concern is something I realized today: next Friday is Friday the 13th! I booked a driving test on Friday the 13th! Shit.

If you fail the driving test, you have to make another appointment to try again, but that also means you have to pay again and at £44.80 per try, that could get expensive! Which makes me wonder (warning, conspiracy theory ahead), do they fail people on purpose to boost their revenue stream? It's certainly possible. I'm just going to have to drive perfectly to make sure they don't get that opportunity!

No comments: