Wednesday, September 6

A Winner

A bit of good news. A few weeks ago The Guardian did a prize draw for The Mavericks DVD Collection box sets. There was a little ad in the Sunday paper. I usually enter contests like this because it's always nice to win something and you can't do that if you don't enter. Anyway, I had forgotten about it. Last week somebody from The Guardian called our house. K was working from home that day. The lady said she just wanted to confirm our address because I had won the prize draw. The DVDs arrived yesterday. Twelve of them! The prize draw wasn't just for ONE of the box sets, but for all four! They're all great films, too:

European Mavericks - "Love Gone Wrong" with:
Together
Vodka Lemon
Dear Wendy

European Mavericks - "Heart of Darkness" with:
Das Experiment
Evil
Pusher

Mavericks - "Driven by a Vision" with:
Overnight
Donnie Darko
Easy Riders, Raging Bulls

Mavericks - "Fight the Power" with:
The Assassination of Richard Nixon
Manic
The Corporation

Woo hoo!!! It pays to enter competitions! This is the second DVD(s) I've won this summer. A couple of months ago, I won The Green Butchers DVD from Fortean Times [look at the bottom of this page]. There was no telephone call about that one. It just arrived one day in a padded envelope with no explanation. Took me a while to figure out how I had ended up getting that one.

No comments: