Thursday, June 1

Last Day

Well, this is my last day on the newsfilm project. Been tidying up some remaining projects and getting things ready to be taken up by whomever will replace me. They're hiring four more cataloguers. I'm a hard worker, but I didn't think it would take that many to replace me. Sheesh!

It will be sad to leave behind all the people I have come to know during my time here and one can feel sort of proud to be working in London and be able to walk by all kinds of sites that people come from far away to see (Big Ben, etc.). I'm not going to miss the long commute and the crowds of people though. The bad part is that I'll lose some valuable reading time! Churned through quite a few books over these past 9 months.

Excited about the prospects of the new job, though I'm starting to get a bit nervous about my first day. Only because I'll be meeting a bunch of new people and I'll be out of my comfort zone again. Until I get used to things at the university, I'm going to feel a bit unsure of myself.

K and I are going to be car commuters for the duration of this month until we move into our new place in Bournemouth. Will be interesting to see how that goes, driving every day. But it should save us some money instead of both of us buying train tickets.

I fear change. Change is good.

No comments: