Tuesday, July 26

Slowly rolling again

I gave my two-weeks notice yesterday at the ol' Monk. Was a little nervous about it especially since another kitchen porter quit/walked out last Thursday. Despite this, they were supportive and really appreciated that I had given two weeks notice as opposed to just not showing up all of a sudden. They must have really had some irresponsible people coming through there to feel that way! Anyway, I'm going to work through August 6th and perhaps a couple of days the week after IF they are in a bind. Seems like they're well on the way of replacing the other guy who quit, though. Four or five applications came in already.

Tomorrow we're going to drive down to St Albans to check it out. Next week we'll go to Bournemouth and check out Winchester on the way back. Then it's just a bit of a waiting game to see if K gets the job. I'll get a room in London and come home on the weekends. Hopefully, by the end of August we'll have been able to decide which city to move to and have found a place to move into. Looking forward to it.

And I'm definitely looking forward to not doing dishes or cleaning mussels, though I definitely will miss the people in the kitchen. Good bunch of blokes.

-RP-

No comments: