Sunday, January 16

Thieving Li'l Bastards!

This morning I was greeted by the "wonderful" surprise that my bike had been bleedin' stolen! All that I have left is the key for the rear wheel lock (which was engaged, by the way) and I can't bloody well ride a key to school now can I!?! Unfortunately, there is nothing out back to lock my bike to, so I have been relying on the rear wheel-lock and my assumption that no one would steel a shite bike. I've left it cruddy and worn for this very purpose. There is/was duct tape on the seat to hold it together. I thought that would be enough, but I guess I was wrong.

Since I don't know who stole it, I can only blame it on the entire British population. So SCREW YOU England! SCREW YOU! I hope you crash into a tree and become a quadropalegic with that bike!

***

PS- The only suspect I have is a friend of our upstairs neighbor. He had someone over last night who he ended up in an argument with. We couldn't really hear what it was about but our neighbor said something like "I'm sick of you accusing me of taking things!" There was a lot of yelling and swearing. Finally, the friend left. We heard his footsteps walking away, but then coming back immediately and leaving again. Perhaps in anger, he decided to take my bike over his shoulder? Maybe he thought it belonged to our neighbor? Going on this theory, I took a walk around the neighborhood this morning to see if it had been dumped somewhere. No luck. I have not been able to ask the neighbor about it yet.


-RP-

No comments: