Monday, January 10

Spring Semester

This morning I attended my first class of the Spring semester, British Silent Cinema. The course is taught by Prof. Andrew Higson. I was torn between taking this class and "The Big Picture", a class about Hollywood blockbusters taught by a kooky German professor with Kramer-like hair (incidentally, his name is Peter Kramer). However, I decided to go for the silent cinema class because it is obviously important for archiving. I never did much with silent cinema during my undergrad days, so I figured I needed the exposure, even if it's only British silent cinema.

Tuesdays I have off. Wednesdays I have silent cinema screenings. Thursday and Friday are the archiving days, as before. It's going to be a busy semester. Not only do we have a lot going on in the archiving course, but the silent cinema class looks like it's going to be a lot of work.

-RP-

No comments: