Sunday, July 4

I've got two countdowns that I'm managing right now. The first one is the countdown to when Kristen gets back. That is a little less than 7 days exactly. Something like 6 days and 18 hours. The second one is the countdown to my last day at Bo-ny. That is a little less than 6 weeks.

It's been pretty quiet being here alone for so long. Not quite sure what to do with myself, but I've been trying to cross off some of the things of my enjoy-Belgium-while-we-can list. Yesterday, Andres, Laura, and I went to some of the Brussels lambic cafes to sample the draft lambics and geuzes. A lot of these places are institutions in their own right. One of them is a puppet theatre which puts on shows in the old Bruxellois dialect (which no one really understands). There weren't any shows going on when we were there. Great ambience, though. Puppets everywhere. Maybe even a little bit scary.

I'm being a being a good boy, though. Even if I'm home alone. All of the plants are still alive and thriving. I make the bed at least every few days. Do the dishes every day and try to eat pretty healthy. Try not to stay up too late. Read about Scottish history. Stuff like that.

-RP-

No comments: