Thursday, October 9

Still no word from any of my job prospects. A bit disconcerting. I called the young lady at Randstad (the first agency I went to) to ask if she heard anything. She said that I shouldn't give up on it yet, I have a good "profile", they will probably call me. I also called the other agency (where I took the test), but I didn't get in touch with the lady who interviewed me. She hasn't called back either.

This may just be the way things work here... long turnaround times, people dragging their feet in the hiring process, etc. According to my friend, Jeroen, there's a lot of paperwork when hiring someone and many companies are loathe to do it. So, perhaps that is why they have to deliberate and/or vacillate for so long. That's fine for them... they have a job!

It's only been a little over five weeks since we got here, but we don't have the luxury of a cushion to carry us very far. The cushion we have isn't much more than pillow-case now. It starting to get a bit tense. May have to do something drastic pretty soon...

--RP--

No comments: