Friday, September 19

Sheeeeeee's leaving home... bye byyyyyyyyyyyyye...















Our trusty BMW has now moved on to a new owner (the guy on the right; that's his dad next to him). We were a bit nervous that we wouldn't be able to sell it and then would have to donate it or crap it or something. I had it advertised the old-fashioned way -- flyers in the windows and posted various places -- for a couple of weeks. Not a peep. Then I put it up on Gumtree. Still nothing. Finally, I put it up on Autotrader and a couple of days later, I had one buyer coming out to have a look at it and another scheduled to see it the next day. This was yesterday. The first buyer that contacted me is the guy in the picture. We agreed on a price pretty much right away and I got the exact value of the car, so we're really happy about that. He didn't have time to take care of a deposit or pay for it last night, so I gave him a "gentleman's agreement" to come back today by noon. Since I had another potential buyer on the hook, I wasn't too worried. And this morning, yet another one called about it.

Last night I had a quiet word with her and told her that she had been a great car and we are really going to miss her, but not to worry because she was going to a good home. Then I said my goodbye and walked away. Kristen would be the one closing the deal because I would be at work. We were both a bit depressed, actually. It was a great car and we have fond memories. So it was sad to see it go.

Anyway, he came by this morning and paid the full whack. He was very happy with it, so that made us feel better. I think he will take care of it at least as good as I have, if not better.

It really feels like we're leaving now. Selling the car was one of the bigger hurdles we had to jump in this process and now that's done. Weird.

Last week, we also managed to sell our filing cabinet and this 6' clothing rack we had. A few more bits and pieces still to go, but we will wait until later in October.

40 working days left at my job and 60 days before we move back.

1 comment:

Andy said...

That's such a lovely year and model. Timeless.