Monday, May 19

The Times They Are a'Changing















[Pic from: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/05/18/2004423477.jpg ]


This is just incredible. Way to get the Republicans (and Hillary who?) on the ropes. Gee, do you think there are some people crying out for a change? Well, there must be a few in Oregon, at least! This is fantastic. Makes me proud to be married to an Oregonian. Very interesting times we're living in.

---

PS - Speaking of change... today marks the 6-month milestone to when K and I move back to the US. There, I said it. We're making it official (to our blog-readers, at least). This is something we have been mulling over for quite some time and something that we didn't start considering seriously until sometime last year. We've always known that we would eventually move back; just not when. It's been a challenge to not talk about it here for so long. There has been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes regarding this subject and we just can't keep it bottled up any longer. It's important to express it on this blog that has been with us since we started this adventure in 2003. In September, it will be 5 YEARS since we left! That's a long time. We miss our family in Florida and Oregon. And we've been in this near-limbo for long enough. So, on November 19th, we're getting on a plane with one-way tickets to the US. We have a re-entry strategy which we will share with you over the coming months, but we just wanted to get this announcement out of the way (bet you're really surprised... not!).

There's a bit of a problem with "outing" ourselves: no one knows about it at my workplace and I don't intend to tell them until the late summer at the earliest. I have to give two months notice (and so do they). I'd like to tell them earlier so that a) I get it off my chest; and b) they can plan accordingly. But I'm really paranoid that they'll say, "Nah... please leave as soon as possible." That would be a catastrophe. Yeah, I know... we just outed ourselves on the internet. Well, I haven't told anyone at work about this blog, we've removed our names from every entry, and I've tested a few times by Googling. We should be fairly safe. Famous last words, right? Let's hope not!

No comments: