Monday, November 5

The Bobbies Came Round

The police just came to our apartment.

I had just gotten home and locked my bike in the garage. As I was walking around to the front doors of the apartment building, a police car drove in. They went past me and turned around in the parking lot. I was walking up the stairs and saw them park out front, get out, and approach the building. I wondered "Who are they going to see in this building?" When I was almost at my landing, I heard a door buzzer go off. Sounded like one of the neighbors, but when I walked in the front door, K was on the buzzer-phone. She buzzed them in and said it's the police, but they said there's nothing to worry about. We were mighty curious what this was going to be about. K asked if they had caught me riding my bike without a headlight. Nope, because I put some new batteries in it this time.

One of the police officers stayed outside and the female office came inside. She said that a car was found abandoned and vandalised in London. It had a VIN number that is registered to this address. Interesting... I just came from the parking lot and I definitely saw my car there. They asked if they could go down to verify the VIN number, so we did.

She asked me a few questions about where I work, how long we've been here, where has the car been, have you ever been in London with this car, etc. Then she called in the VIN number and we waited around for a few minutes for a reply. Obviously, something is fishy here. The male officer said if our car is a "ringer", then they will have to impound it. I said, "Oh, well that's not too bad because we want to sell it at some point anyway."

The VIN number on the car in London was pulled from the engine block. She got a reply back from the VIN number people that said our car was OK. It's the one in London that is the fake. Strange thing is, the car in London was also a gray 520i BMW.

They thanked us for our help and left. I wonder if this is the last we'll hear of this...

1 comment:

Maybe Mom said...

okay what you have two REALLY been up to in England??